Atlantic University A.R.E.
Spirituality / 268 views
As a spiritually centered and mindfully focused institution, Atlantic University’s mission is to provide an environment where all learners personally integrate the concepts and theories of the body, mind, spirit connection while striving to achieve higher human potential, to better understand their interconnected relationship to all life, and to be of profound service to others.
About Atlantic University
Founded by Edgar Cayce and a dedicated group of supporters in Virginia Beach, VA, Atlantic University is an institution focused on the integration of body, mind, and spirit as an important means of personal transformation and achieving higher human potential. The university emphasizes each individual’s contribution to the whole and the importance of service in the affairs of humankind.
Making use of modern technologies, the university offers two distinct master’s degrees, two post-graduate certificates, and two noncredit, continuing education opportunities. With faculty as experts in their field of study, each bring a wealth of knowledge and experience into the classroom, breathing life into the multidimensional curriculum. As a spiritually centered and a mindfully focused institution of higher learning, students are encouraged to experience not only personal transformation but also share their experiences socially and globally.
Atlantic University’s Mission Statement
Atlantic University’s mission is to provide a high-quality graduate-level distance education for adult learners that integrates body, mind, and spirit to help people achieve higher human potential and transform their lives, better understand their relationship to all life, and be of profound service to others.
Drawing on the best of the humanities, social and natural sciences, psychology, and religious and spiritual traditions, Atlantic University’s vision is to offer the most unique and distinguished course of scholarship in the fields of transpersonal psychology and mindful leadership by:
- Providing a stimulating academic curriculum that focuses on the nature of consciousness, the nature of personal belief and personal spirituality, the nature of holistic living, and the interrelationship between body, mind, and spirit;
- Providing a high quality continuing and professional education curriculum in a variety of fields related to body, mind and spirit;
- Understanding and meeting the needs of its students, communities and other constituents as they follow their various professional career paths;
- Fostering knowledge of the existence of a dimension to human nature greater than the individual and instilling the notion that connecting with this larger part of one’s self is instrumental to creativity, health, and optimum human performance;
- Encouraging students to test and apply transpersonal concepts personally in order to experience personal growth and integration;
- Enabling individuals to change their lives for the better, positively affecting their relationships and their surroundings in the process; and
- Giving individual’s life experience with their highest integrated potential and their interrelationship to the rest of humankind.